Dr. Kiefer focuses her practice on assisting clients in building a strategic international patent portfolio. She has experience with international patent prosecution, including PCT International and National phase patent prosecution. In addition, she assists clients regarding patentability and patent infringement matters and development of technology-based agreements and new business due diligence. Dr. Kiefer leads the Biotech patent group of NK Patent Law and has over a decade of experience in patent practice, in addition to her time as a researcher and scientist in the field.
Highlights of the America Invents Act April 5, 2013, Annual Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Symposium of the NCCU Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Law Review, North Carolina Biotechnology Center.
Prioritized Exam and Post Grant Review Procedures under the America Invents Act March 29, 2012, Laws of Science Symposium, North Carolina Biotechnology Center.
Proposed Changes to Rules of Practice before the Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences May 2, 2008, Spring Meeting of the Carolina Patent, Trademark and Copyright Law Association (CPTCLA).
Dr. Kiefer’s practice has included work in the following technology areas:
- Recombinant DNA and Protein Technologies
- Medical Devices
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Materials Science
- Renewable Energy, Biofuel, and other Green Technologies
- J.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Ph.D., Biochemistry, Duke University
- M.S., Biochemistry, University of Georgia
- B.S., Biochemistry, Florida State University
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Triangle Intellectual Property Law Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- United States Patent and Trademark Office